NABNE does not defer/hold fees or transfer/postpone exam dates.
If you fail to notify NABNE regarding your absence before your exam date, all fees will be forfeited. Notify NABNE by completing the Cancellation Form found in the online Applicant Portal.
If you submit your notice of cancellation BY January 31, 2017:
- You will not be required to submit documentation of a reason for your cancellation.
- Your name will be removed from the roster and you will not be admitted to the examination(s).
- NABNE will issue a refund of the Exam Fee(s) you paid with your application minus a US$50 Refund Processing Fee, to the same debit or credit card you used with your application. The Application and Administration Fee is non-refundable.
If you submit your notice of cancellation AFTER January 31, 2017, and you have canceled due to illness, a death in the family, or inclement weather1:
- You will be required to submit documentation of a reason for your cancellation (see below).
- You will not be admitted to the examination(s).
- NABNE will issue a refund of the Exam Fee(s) you paid with your application minus a US$50 Refund Processing Fee, to the same debit or credit card you used with your application. The Application and Administration Fee is non-refundable. To receive a refund, you must:
- Notify NABNE regarding your absence by completing and submitting the Cancellation Form, explaining the circumstances that prevent you from taking the examination.
- Send documentation that verifies the reason for your absence to NABNE within two (2) weeks after the exam date (e.g., a note from a licensed doctor that verifies your illness or the illness of a family member, a detailed explanation of an emergency, verification of a death in the family, a copy of a web page showing a local weather report or road closures, etc.). Upload a scanned copy of this documentation with your Cancellation Form or send it via email to email@example.com. You may also fax this documentation to NABNE at 503-452-3943.
If you cancel your registration, you will be required to complete and submit a new application and fees if you apply at a later date.
1 If, once you have begun to take the examination, you are prevented from completing it due to illness, a family emergency, or inclement weather, notify the proctor immediately, then notify NABNE the same day by submitting the Cancellation Form. You will not be admitted to the subsequent section of the examination during the current exam administration and your exam results from the section you previously took during the current NPLEX administration will be nullified.