You must submit your application and payment to take or retake the NPLEX Part I – Biomedical Science or NPLEX Part II – Clinical Science Examination(s) via the Applicant Portal on our website. The period for application to take the February 2017 NPLEX Examinations is November 1-30, 2016. After midnight, PDT, on November 30th, the online application process will be closed. We recommend that you submit your application well in advance of the deadline. If you wait until November 30th to apply and have problems with the website, NABNE staff may not be available to help you.
As part of the application process, it is your responsibility to:
- Review the current Bulletin of Information pertaining to the examination(s) you are planning to take.
- If you are applying to take the NPLEX Part II Examinations, contact the regulatory authority in the jurisdiction in which you plan to practice to determine which NPLEX Part II – Clinical Elective Examinations you are required to take and pass in order to be eligible for licensure/registration in the jurisdiction in which you intend to practice (see State and Provincial Contacts). If, after you submit your Part II application you must add an Elective Examination, contact NABNE prior to the application deadline. DO NOT submit a second application.
- Create an online User Profile and password for the CURRENT exam administration. Be sure to keep a record of your User Name, the email address you are using, and the password you create. You must create a new online User Profile and password every time you apply to take an NPLEX Examination, regardless of whether you have created one for a previous exam administration. DO NOT create more than one User Profile for the same exam administration can cause problems when it is time to download your Registration Ticket.
- Provide ALL information required on the online application page.
- Scan and upload an image of your current government-issued photo identification (e.g., driver’s license, government-issued identification card, or passport photo page). Both the first and last names on your current government-issued photo identification must exactly match the first and last names you provide on the application. The maximum file size of the image you submit should not exceed 1MB.
- If applicable, scan and upload an image of the documentation that verifies an official name change made since the last time you applied to take an NPLEX Examination (e.g., marriage license, name change order, etc.). Both the first and last names on the current government-issued photo identification you submit with your application must exactly match the first and last names on this official document. The maximum file size of the image you submit should not exceed 1MB.
- If you are applying to take the NPLEX Part II Examinations, select the single regulatory authority to which the report of your February 2017 results should be sent (e.g., AZ, ON). NABNE will send this report at no charge. To have a transcript of your previous NPLEX results sent to the same regulatory authority, you must include the Part I Transcript Fee of US$25 in the total amount you submit with your application (see Part I Transcripts).
- Pay all fees in U.S. Dollars, using a debit or credit card. The NABNE payment system accepts Visa and MasterCard only. Payment must be made at the time of application.
- Download the NPLEX Blueprint & Study Guide from the link provided in the email confirmation you receive after you submit your application online.
- Contact the registrar at your ANMP and request that a letter be sent to NABNE verifying that you have completed all academic requirements. The registrar at your ANMP will know the appropriate format for this letter and will send it directly to NABNE. If you are applying to retake an examination and NABNE has already received this letter from your ANMP, you do not need to request that another be sent.