The period for application to take the August 2018 NPLEX Examinations is May 1-31, 2018. After midnight PDT on May 31st, the online application process will be closed. We recommend that you submit your application well in advance of the deadline. If you wait until May 31st to apply and have problems with the website, NABNE staff may not be available to help you.
You must submit your application and payment to take or retake the NPLEX Part I – Biomedical Science or NPLEX Part II – Clinical Science Examination(s) via the links on the dashboard of the User Profile you create in the Applicant Portal on our website. You must create a new online User Profile and password every time you apply to take an NPLEX Examination, regardless of whether you have created one for a previous exam administration.
It is your responsibility to follow the instructions required to complete your application.
Before you begin your application:
- Review the current Bulletin of Information pertaining to the examination(s) you are planning to take.
- If you are applying to take the NPLEX Part II Examinations, contact the regulatory authority in the jurisdiction in which you plan to practice to determine which NPLEX Part II – Clinical Elective Examinations you are required to take and pass in order to be eligible for licensure/registration in the jurisdiction in which you intend to practice (see State and Provincial Contacts). If you need to add an Elective Examination after you submit your application, DO NOT submit a second application. Instead, contact NABNE prior to the application deadline to make additions and provide your payment information. You will not be allowed to add examinations after the application period has closed.
- Create an online User Profile and password for the CURRENT exam administration. Be sure to keep a record of your User Name, the email address you are using, and the password you create. You must create a new online User Profile and password every time you apply to take an NPLEX Examination, regardless of whether you have created one for a previous exam administration. DO NOT create more than one User Profile for the same exam administration because it can cause problems when it is time to download your Registration Ticket.
- Determine the NABNE test site at which you plan to take the examination(s).
- Have the following items ready:
- Your Social Security (SSN) or Social Insurance Number (SIN). It is important that you use the same number you provided on a previous application so that all of your NPLEX records can be linked.
- A scanned image of your current government-issued photo identification (e.g., driver’s license, government-issued photo identification card, or passport photo page). Both the first and last names on the identification you upload must exactly match the first and last names you will enter on this application form. You are not required to include your full middle name on the application. The maximum file size of the image you submit should not exceed 1MB.
- If applicable, a scanned image of the documentation that verifies any official name change made since the last time you applied to take an NPLEX Examination (e.g., marriage license, name change order, etc.). Both the first and last names on the current government-issued photo identification you submit with your application must exactly match the first and last names on this official document. You are not required to include your middle name on the application. The file size of the image you submit should not exceed 1MB.
- Your debit or credit card information. Our system accepts Visa and Mastercard only. You must complete your payment at the time of application. If you leave the application page without completing your payment, you will NOT be able to return to it at a later time.
When you submit your application and payment:
- Complete the current exam application using the link located on the dashboard of your User Profile.
- Provide ALL information required on the online application page. You will find a link to the appropriate application page on the dashboard of your User Profile.
- Provide the permanent email address where you would like to receive all communication from NABNE (e.g., an address that is not your school address).
- Scan and upload an image of your current government-issued photo identification (e.g., driver’s license, government-issued identification card, or passport photo page).
- If applicable, scan and upload an image of the documentation that verifies an official name change made since the last time you applied to take an NPLEX Examination (e.g., marriage license, name change order, etc.).
- If you are applying to take the NPLEX Part II Examinations, select the single regulatory authority to which the report of your August 2018 results should be sent (e.g., AZ). NABNE will send this report at no charge. To have a transcript of your previous NPLEX results sent to the same regulatory authority, you must include the Part I Transcript Fee of US$25 in the total amount you submit with your application (see Part I Transcripts).
- Pay all fees in U.S. Dollars, using a debit or credit card. The NABNE payment system accepts Visa and MasterCard only. Payment must be made at the time of application.
- Check your entries for accuracy. You will not be able to edit, delete, or change the application after you click SUBMIT. You may report corrections to your application by contacting NABNE.
After you submit your application:
- Check your email for your Confirmation Receipt. If you do not receive your Confirmation Receipt right away, be sure to check your spam folder.
- Download the NPLEX Blueprint & Study Guide from the link provided in the confirmation email you receive after you submit your application online.
- Contact the registrar at your ANMP and request that a letter be sent to NABNE verifying that you have completed all academic requirements. The registrar at your ANMP will know the appropriate format for this letter and will send it directly to NABNE. If you are applying to retake an examination and NABNE has already received this letter from your ANMP, you do not need to request that another be sent.