NABNE (the North American Board of Naturopathic Examiners) is an independent, nonprofit organization formed as a service to the naturopathic profession and the agencies that license/register naturopathic physicians. NABNE serves regulating bodies by qualifying applicants to take the NPLEX (Naturopathic Physicians Licensing Examinations), administering the examinations, and sending exam results and transcripts to regulatory authorities.
The five-member NABNE Board works with an Advisory Council comprised of representatives of:
- The Council on Naturopathic Medical Education (CNME)
- The seven CNME-approved naturopathic medical programs
- The Federation of Naturopathic Medicine Regulatory Authorities (FNMRA)
- State/Provincial naturopathic regulatory authorities
- The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP)
- The Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND)
- The public
NPLEX is an independent, nonprofit organization whose purpose is to prepare valid and reliable examinations that assess the readiness of students to enter the clinical phase of training (Part I ) and assess the entry-level competence of candidates who plan to become licensed/registered naturopathic physicians (Part II). The NPLEX Council of Exam Chairs oversees the exam development process.