To be eligible to take the NPLEX Examinations, you must have completed1 the appropriate academic requirements at an approved naturopathic medical program (ANMP)2,3. An ANMP is a program that has accreditation or pre-accreditation from the Council on Naturopathic Medical Education (CNME) and offers a minimum four-academic-year, in-residence curriculum in biomedical science and clinical didactic studies, as well as clinical (experiential) training leading to an ND degree.
Currently, the following naturopathic medical programs have been approved:
- Bastyr University (BU): Kenmore, Washington
- Bastyr University California (BUC): San Diego, California
- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine (BINM): New Westminster, British Columbia
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM): Toronto, Ontario
- National University of Health Sciences (NUHS): Lombard, Illinois
- National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM): Portland, Oregon
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine (SCNM): Tempe, Arizona
- Universidad Ana G. Mendez (UAGM) formerly Universidad del Turabo (UDT): Gurabo, Puerto Rico
- University of Bridgeport – College of Naturopathic Medicine (UBCNM): Bridgeport, Connecticut
1 If you are on a path to graduate in the summer of 2021, but will not be able to complete all requirements for graduation before the August 2021 NPLEX administration, you will be allowed to take the examinations. By July 15, 2021, NABNE must receive a letter of pre-verification from your school, indicating that you will complete all requirements by September 30, 2021. Your exam results will not be released until NABNE receives this verification. If you do not complete all requirements for graduation by September 30, 2021, the results from the examination(s) you take in August 2021 will be nullified.
2 If you graduated from a CNME-approved program before it was accredited, contact NABNE.
3 If you have been licensed/registered but did not take the NPLEX, OR if you were licensed/registered prior to 1986 and are planning to be licensed/registered in a different state/province, contact NABNE.