The period for application to take the August 2023 NPLEX Examinations is May 1-31, 2023. NABNE recommends that you register to take the August 2023 NPLEX Examinations within the first two weeks of May. This will ensure that NABNE staff is able to make adequate testing arrangements well in advance of the exam dates. If you wait until May 31st to apply and need technical assistance to submit your application, NABNE staff may not be available to help you. It is your responsibility to follow the instructions required to complete your application.
Before you begin your application:
- Review the current Examinee Handbook (formerly Bulletin of Information) pertaining to the examination(s) you are planning to take.
- Contact the regulatory authority in the jurisdiction in which you plan to practice to determine the NPLEX Part II – Clinical Elective Examinations you are required to pass to be eligible for licensure/registration (Part II applicants only). See State and Provincial Contacts.
- Contact NABNE if you need to add an Elective Examination after submitting your application. DO NOT submit a second application. You will not be allowed to add examinations after the application deadline.
- Create an online Profile and password for the CURRENT exam administration. You must create a new online Profile and password every time you apply to take an NPLEX Examination, regardless of whether you created one for a previous exam administration. DO NOT create more than one Profile, as this will cause problems when it’s time to access your Registration Status or download your Registration Ticket.
When you apply to take the examination:
- Complete the exam application using the appropriate link on the dashboard of your online Profile (e.g., NPLEX Part I – Biomedical Science Exam Application or NPLEX Part II – Clinical Science Exam Application).
- Upload an image of your current government-issued photo identification (e.g., driver’s license, government-issued identification card, passport photo page, or passport card).
- Both the first and last names on the identification you upload must exactly match the first and last names you enter on the application form. You are not required to include your full middle name on the application.
- Upload an image of the documentation that verifies an official name change made since the last time you applied to take an NPLEX Examination (e.g., marriage license, name change order, etc.).
- Select the single regulatory authority to which a transcript of your NPLEX Part I (or previous results) and the report of your February 2023 results should be sent (Part II applicants only).
- Pay all fees in U.S. dollars, using a debit or credit card. The NABNE payment system accepts Visa and MasterCard only. Payment must be made at the time of application.
- Review your entries for accuracy. You will not be able to edit, delete, or change the application after you click SUBMIT. Report corrections to your application by contacting NABNE.
After you submit your application:
- Check your email for your Confirmation Receipt. If you do not receive your Confirmation Receipt within the next several minutes, be sure to check your spam folder.
- Download the NPLEX Blueprint & Study Guide from the link provided in the confirmation email you receive after you submit your application online.