The period for application to take the February 2021 NPLEX Examinations is November 1-30, 2020. The application period will close at midnight PST on December 1st. NABNE recommends that you register to take the February 2021 NPLEX examinations early in the application period, preferably within the first two weeks of November. This will ensure that NABNE staff is able to make adequate testing arrangements well in advance of the exam dates. In addition, if you wait until November 30th to apply and you need technical assistance in order to submit your application, NABNE staff may not be available to help you.
You must submit your application and payment to take or retake the NPLEX Examinations via the links on the dashboard of the online Profile you create in the Applicant Portal on the NABNE website.
It is your responsibility to follow the instructions required to complete your application.
Before you begin your application:
- Review the current Bulletin of Information pertaining to the examination(s) you are planning to take. To address some of the challenges that have occurred in light of the COVID-19 situation, NABNE has temporarily revised some of it’s policies. Please note that some of the policies described in the Bulletin will be in effect only through the February 2021 administration of the NPLEX.
- Contact the regulatory authority in the jurisdiction in which you plan to practice to determine which NPLEX Part II – Clinical Elective Examinations you are required to take and pass in order to be eligible for licensure/registration (Part II applicants only). See State and Provincial Contacts. If you need to add an Elective Examination after you submit your application, DO NOT submit a second application. Instead, contact NABNE via email prior to the application deadline. You will not be allowed to add examinations after the application period has closed.
- Determine the NABNE test site at which you plan to take the examination(s). You can take the examinations at any NABNE test site. You will not be able to change your test site after the application deadline.
- Have the following items ready:
- Your Social Security (SSN) or Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- It is important that you use the same SSN/SIN you provided on a previous application so that all of your NPLEX records are linked.
- A scanned image of your current government-issued photo identification (e.g., driver’s license, government-issued photo identification card, passport photo page, or passport card).
- Both the first and last names on the identification you upload must exactly match the first and last names you will enter on this application form. You are not required to include your full middle name on the application. The maximum file size of the image you submit should not exceed 1MB.
- A scanned image of the documentation that verifies any official name change made since the last time you applied to take an NPLEX Examination (e.g., marriage license, name change order, etc.).
- Both the first and last names on the official document you upload must exactly match the first and last names on the current government-issued photo identification you submit with your application. The file size of the image you submit should not exceed 1MB.
- Your debit or credit card information.
- The payment system accepts Visa and Mastercard only. You must complete your payment at the time of application. If you leave the application page without completing your payment, you will NOT be able to return to it at a later time. You will be required to begin the application process again.
- Your Social Security (SSN) or Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- Create an online Profile and password for the CURRENT exam administration. Keep a record of your User Name, the email address you are using, and the password you create. You must create a new online Profile and password every time you apply to take an NPLEX Examination, regardless of whether you have created one for a previous exam administration. DO NOT create more than one Profile for the same exam administration as this will cause problems when it’s time to access your Registration Status or download your Registration Ticket.
When you apply to take the examination:
- Complete the exam application using the appropriate link located on the dashboard of your online Profile.
- Enter ALL information required on the online application page.
- Provide the email address where you would like to receive all communication from NABNE (please provide an email address where NABNE will be able to reach you for the next 6 months).
- Upload an image of your current government-issued photo identification (e.g., driver’s license, government-issued identification card, passport photo page, or passport card).
- Upload an image of the documentation that verifies an official name change made since the last time you applied to take an NPLEX Examination (e.g., marriage license, name change order, etc.).
- Select the single regulatory authority to which the report of your February 2021 results should be sent (Part II applicants only). NABNE will send this report at no charge. To have a transcript of your previous NPLEX results sent to the same regulatory authority, you must include the Transcript Fee for Part I and Previous Part II Results of US$25 in the total amount you submit with your application (see Transcripts of Part I and Previous Part II Results). If you do not know in which jurisdiction you will be practicing, select NONE when you complete the section. You can submit a transcript request online after your February 2021 exam results become available.
- Pay all fees in U.S. Dollars, using a debit or credit card. The NABNE payment system accepts Visa and MasterCard only. Payment must be made at the time of application.
- Review your entries for accuracy. You will not be able to edit, delete, or change the application after you click SUBMIT. Report corrections to your application by contacting NABNE.
After you submit your application:
- Check your email for your Confirmation Receipt. If you do not receive your Confirmation Receipt within the next several minutes, be sure to check your spam folder.
- Download the NPLEX Blueprint & Study Guide from the link provided in the confirmation email you receive after you submit your application online.