APPLICATION TO TAKE THE FEBRUARY 2020 NPLEX EXAMINATIONS
The period for application to take the February 2020 NPLEX Part II – Clinical Science Examination(s) is November 1-30, 2019. After midnight PST on November 30th, the online application process will be closed. We recommend that you submit your application well in advance of the deadline. If you wait until November 30th to apply and you need technical assistance in order to submit your application, NABNE staff might not be available to help you.
You must submit your application and payment to take or retake the NPLEX Examination(s) via the links on the dashboard of the User Profile you create in the Applicant Portal on the NABNE website. You will be required to create a new online User Profile and password every time you apply to take an NPLEX Examination, regardless of whether you have created one for a previous exam administration.
It is your responsibility to follow the instructions required to complete your application.
Before you begin your application:
- Review the current Bulletin of Information pertaining to the examination(s) you are planning to take.
- Contact the regulatory authority in the jurisdiction in which you plan to practice to determine which Part II – Clinical Elective Examinations you are required pass to be eligible for licensure/registration (see State and Provincial Contacts). If you need to add an Elective Examination after you submit your application, DO NOT submit a second application. Instead, contact NABNE via email prior to the application deadline. You will not be allowed to add examinations after the application period has closed.
- Determine the NABNE test site at which you plan to take the examination(s).
Have the following items ready:
- Your Social Security (SSN) or Social Insurance Number (SIN). It is important that you use the same SSN/SIN you provided on a previous application so that all of your NPLEX records are linked.
- A scanned image of your current government-issued photo identification (e.g., driver’s license, government-issued photo identification card, passport photo page, or passport card). Both the first and last names on the identification you upload must exactly match the first and last names you enter on this application form. You are not required to include your full middle name on the application. The maximum file size of the image you submit should not exceed 1MB.
- If applicable, a scanned image of the documentation that verifies any official name change made since the last time you applied to take an NPLEX Examination (e.g., marriage license, name change order, etc.). Both the first and last names on the current government-issued photo identification you submit with your application must exactly match the first and last names on this official document. The file size of the image you submit should not exceed 1MB.
- Your debit or credit card information. The payment system accepts Visa and Mastercard only. You must complete your payment at the time of application. If you leave the application page without completing your payment, you will NOT be able to return to it at a later time. You will need to begin the application process again.
- Create an online User Profile and password for the CURRENT exam administration. Keep a record of your User Name, the email address you are using, and the password you create. You must create a new online User Profile and password every time you apply to take an NPLEX Examination, regardless of whether you have created one for a previous exam administration. DO NOT create more than one User Profile for the same exam administration, as this will cause problems when it’s time to access your Registration Status or download your Registration Ticket.
When you apply to take the examination(s):
- Complete the exam application using the link located on the dashboard of your User Profile.
- Enter ALL information required on the online application page.
- Provide the email address where you would like to receive all communication from NABNE (e.g., an address that is not your school address).
- Scan and upload an image of the current government-issued photo identification you will use to gain admittance to the examination(s) (e.g., driver’s license, government-issued identification card, passport photo page, or passport card).
- If applicable, scan and upload an image of documentation that verifies any official name change made since the last time you applied to take an NPLEX Examination (e.g., marriage license, name change order, etc.).
- If you are applying to take the NPLEX Part II – Clinical Science Examinations, select the single regulatory authority to which the report of your February 2020 results should be sent. NABNE will send this report at no charge. To have a transcript of your previous NPLEX results sent to the same regulatory authority, you must include the Transcript Fee for Part I and Previous Part II Results of US$25 in the total amount you submit with your application (see Transcripts of Part I and Previous Part II Results).
- Pay all fees in U.S. Dollars, using a debit or credit card. The NABNE payment system accepts Visa and MasterCard only. Payment must be made at the time of application.
- Review your entries for accuracy. You will not be able to edit, delete, or change the application after you click SUBMIT. Report any corrections that must be made to your application by contacting NABNE at email@example.com.
After you submit your application:
- Check your email for your Confirmation Receipt. If you do not receive your Confirmation Receipt immediately, be sure to check your spam folder.
- Download the NPLEX Blueprint & Study Guide using the link provided in the email confirmation you receive after you submit your application online.
CONFIRMATION OF ELIGIBILITY
When NABNE has all materials required to complete your application and has received a letter of verification from the registrar at your ANMP, you will be approved to take the examination(s).
- To determine if your application has been approved, log in to your online User Profile after December 19, 2019.
PRINTING YOUR REGISTRATION TICKET
- To be admitted to the examination(s), you will be required to present a printed copy of your Registration Ticket.To print a copy of your Registration Ticket, log in to your online User Profile after January 23, 2020.