CHANGES DUE TO COVID-19
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION TO TAKE THE AUGUST 2020 NPLEX EXAMINATIONS
The period for application to take the August 2020 NPLEX Examinations is May 1st – June 1st, 2020. After midnight PDT on June 1st, the online application process will be closed. NABNE recommends that you register to take the August 2020 NPLEX examination(s) early in the application period, preferably within the first week of May. NABNE will attempt to ensure that everyone who is registered will be given a seat at the test site. If, however, the COVID-19 situation takes an unexpected turn and NABNE has to limit the number of examinees at any test site, the first examinees to have registered will be given top priority. In addition, if you wait until June 1st to apply and you need technical assistance in order to submit your application, NABNE staff may not be available to help you.
You must submit your application and payment to take or retake the NPLEX Examination(s) via the links on the dashboard of the Profile you create in the Applicant Portal on the NABNE website. You will be required to create a new online Profile and password every time you apply to take an NPLEX Examination, regardless of whether you have created one for a previous exam administration.
It is your responsibility to follow the instructions required to complete your application.
Before you begin your application:
- Review the current Bulletin of Information pertaining to the examination(s) you are planning to take. To address some of the challenges that have occurred in light of the COVID-19 situation, NABNE has temporarily revised some of it’s policies. Please note that some of the policies describes in the Bulletin will be in effect only through the August 2020 administration of the NPLEX.
- If you are applying to take the NPLEX Part II Examinations, contact the regulatory authority in the jurisdiction in which you plan to practice to determine which NPLEX Part II – Clinical Elective Examinations you are required to take and pass in order to be eligible for licensure/registration (see State and Provincial Contacts). If you need to add an Elective Examination after you submit your application, DO NOT submit a second application. Instead, contact NABNE via email prior to the application deadline. You will not be allowed to add examinations after the application period has closed.
- Determine the NABNE test site at which you plan to take the examination(s).
- Have the following items ready:
- Your Social Security (SSN) or Social Insurance Number (SIN). It is important that you use the same SSN/SIN you provided on a previous application so that all of your NPLEX records are linked.
- A scanned image of your current government-issued photo identification (e.g., driver’s license, government-issued photo identification card, passport photo page, or passport card). Both the first and last names on the identification you upload must exactly match the first and last names you will enter on this application form. You are not required to include your full middle name on the application. The maximum file size of the image you submit should not exceed 1MB.
- If applicable, a scanned image of the documentation that verifies any official name change made since the last time you applied to take an NPLEX Examination (e.g., marriage license, name change order, etc.). Both the first and last names on the current government-issued photo identification you submit with your application must exactly match the first and last names on this official document. The file size of the image you submit should not exceed 1MB.
- Your debit or credit card information. The payment system accepts Visa and Mastercard only. You must complete your payment at the time of application. If you leave the application page without completing your payment, you will NOT be able to return to it at a later time. You will need to begin the application process again.
- Create an online Profile and password for the CURRENT exam administration. Keep a record of your User Name, the email address you are using, and the password you create. You must create a new online Profile and password every time you apply to take an NPLEX Examination, regardless of whether you have created one for a previous exam administration. DO NOT create more than one Profile for the same exam administration as this will cause problems when it is time to access your Registration Status or download your Registration Ticket.
When you apply to take the examination:
- Complete the exam application using the appropriate link located on the dashboard of your Profile.
- Enter ALL information required on the online application page.
- Provide the email address where you would like to receive all communication from NABNE (e.g., an address that is not your school address).
- Scan and upload an image of your current government-issued photo identification (e.g., driver’s license, government-issued identification card, passport photo page, or passport card).
- If applicable, scan and upload an image of the documentation that verifies an official name change made since the last time you applied to take an NPLEX Examination (e.g., marriage license, name change order, etc.).
- If you are applying to take the NPLEX Part II Examinations, select the single regulatory authority to which the report of your August 2020 results should be sent. NABNE will send this report at no additional charge. To have a transcript of your previous NPLEX results sent to the same regulatory authority, you must include the Transcript Fee for Part I and Previous Part II Results of US$25 in the total amount you submit with your application (see Transcripts of Part I and Previous Part II Results). If you do not know in which jurisdiction you will be practicing, select NONE when you complete this section. You can submit a transcript request online after your August 2020 exam results become available.
- Pay all fees in U.S. Dollars, using a debit or credit card. The NABNE payment system accepts Visa and MasterCard only. Payment must be made at the time of application.
- Review your entries for accuracy. You will not be able to edit, delete, or change the application after you click SUBMIT. Report corrections to your application by contacting NABNE.
After you submit your application:
- Check your email for your Confirmation Receipt. If you do not receive your Confirmation Receipt immediately, be sure to check your spam folder.
- Download the NPLEX Blueprint & Study Guide from the link provided in the confirmation email you receive after you submit your application online.